On the Old Chisholm Trail, 1/3 mi.
west. From this noted watering place
came the name of "Bison," 1 mi. so.,
"Buffalo Springs" was the camp site of
Pat Hennessey and his men just before
the were massacred, 7 m ...
Buffalo Springs Trading Post and Ranch
One half mile due west of the location stood Buffalo Springs Trading Post, Ranch, and Stagecoach stand. This sketch of the ranch was made by Adolph Hunnius. A surveyor, in 1876. Buffalo Sprin ...
Opened by Run, Sept. 16, 1983.
On line here, 15,000 waited for
carbine signal fired by cavalryman
at High Noon, Lt. C. A. Hedekin, commanding
Troop A., U.S. Cav. Race from land
started from post on knoll half mile ...
Douglas, 5 miles S.W. of Covington, OK, was first named Onyx but about 9 years later, with the promotion by the Frantz brothers of Enid of the building of the Santa Fe Railroad between Enid and Guthrie, the name was changed to Douglas, ...
Carrier, Oklahoma Territory 1898
Northwestern Academy was financed in part and sponsored by the Congregational Home Missionary Society of Boston, Massachusetts, through the initiative, leadership and dedicat ...
Run Of '89 North Boundary. At the opening of "Old Oklahoma," April 22, 1889, this was the north line for the Run starting at 12 o'clock noon. Prairies and hills in the 2,000,000 acre tract, south, were peopled by tens of thousands, ho ...