Cleveland - Pioneer Oil City
July 2, 1904, The Lowery No. 1 came in just S. of Cleveland opening the Cleveland Sand and creating Oklahoma's first oil boom town. Here also was Jordan's fort built in 1886 by Col. J.W. Jordan Cherokee agent and deputy U.S. marshal to keep Boomers out of Cherokee Outlet. Oklahoma Historical Society 161-1995
Hwy-99 & Hwy-64 West 1-1/4 mi. Near Cleveland, Oklahoma. Marker is in front of a building on south side of road.