Mekasukey Academy

Established and handsome building erected by Seminole Nation. Opened for Seminole boys, 1891. "Mikasuki" was name of ancient "war" town whose people were noted for courage. From 1914, school was coeducational; closed 1930. Building later accidentally burned.
Located on OK-59, 4 miles southwest of Seminole, Oklahoma (Just past Ns3540 Rd a few miles west from OK-59 & US 377)
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History

* Thanks to R. Martin for providing the marker photo