Tullahassee


Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

Tullahassee, a Creek word meaning "old town," now occupies the site of Tullahassee Mission, established in the Creek Nation in 1850 by Reverend Robert M. Loughridge under the auspices of the Presbyterian Board of Foreign Missions. After the mission burned and was abandoned, Creek freedmen moved to the area, receiving a post office in 1899. **


Directions:

In front of Post Office on Lincoln St (near corner of Lincoln and Oklahoma) in Tullahassee, Oklahoma

Google Map
35.833995, -95.438355
Google Maps | OpenStreetMap | Mapquest | Bing Maps

Pictures:

Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

 

 

** Information and directions from the Oklahoma Historical Society. Image via Pinterest.

Other places listed in Muskogee County