Mountain Station


Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

Located on the old Fort Smith to Boggy Depot Road, a stage stand for changing horses and a toll road were established here in 1866 under Choctaw law. Between 1858 and 1861, the road served as a portion of Butterfield Overland Mail Route. **


Directions:

about 13 miles southwest of Wilburton, Oklahoma on Mountain Station Road, 2.2 mi. north of SH-63 at top of Blue Mountain on the county road, west side from gate to Mountain Station Cemetery


34.8370435, -95.4235868
OpenStreetMap | Google Maps | Bing Maps

Pictures:

Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

Other places listed in Latimer County