Boggy Depot Park

(Formerly Boggy Depot State Park) Historic Boggy Depot Park, located in Atoka, provides a refreshing, restful place for campers to enjoy the beauty of southeastern Oklahoma. This park gets its name from Clear Boggy Creek and from its use as a Confederate commissary depot during the Civil War. In 1972, Boggy Depot was added to the National Register of Historic Places. While it was once a state park, Boggy Depot Park is now being managed by the Chickasaw Nation. **
Located 11 miles W of Atoka, Oklahoma on Hwy 7, 4 miles S on Park Ln Rd. **
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History

** Information from TravelOK.com

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Boggy Depot Site (added 1972 - - #72001050)
Also known as Old Boggy Depot;Depot on Boggy
14 mi. SW of Atoka , Atoka

  • Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
  • Architectural Style: No Style Listed
  • Area of Significance: Transportation, Politics/Government, Historic - Aboriginal, Military
  • Cultural Affiliation: Choctaw, Chickasaw
  • Period of Significance: 1825-1849
  • Owner: Local , Private
  • Historic Function: Transportation
  • Historic Sub-function: Rail-Related
  • Current Function: Agriculture/Subsistence, Landscape
  • Current Sub-function: Agricultural Fields, Park