Chicksasaw Council House

A log cabin, now restored to near original condition, served as the official meeting place of Chickasaw leaders from 1856 until 1858 when a new brick building was constructed. Fire destroyed that building in 1890, and the final Chickasaw capitol, now the Johnston County Courthouse, was built in 1897. **
Inside the Chickasaw Museum, 200 North Fisher, Tishomingo, Oklahoma
Exploring Oklahoma History

** Information and directions from the Oklahoma Historical Society