To the southwest near Red River stood Miller Courthouse, county seat of Old Miller County, Arkansas Territory 1820-1828. First post office established there Sept. 7, 1824, J. H. Fowler, postmaster. Claiborne Wright, prominent settlement leader, served as sheriff and member territorial council. His place was site of first court held in Old Miller Co. Courthouse was later built nearby. County abolished Oct. 1828 after land ceded to Choctaw Nation. White settlers removed to make way for Choctaws upon removal from Mississippi. Courthouse and post office burned Nov 1828. Oklahoma Historical Society 704-1995
On W Lincoln Rd, Idabel, Oklahoma. On north side of road, east of intersection of S Central Ave. (US 259) and Lincoln Rd. (US 7 BYP).