Note: This location is on private property. Also location has also been mentioned as listed in both Garvin and Murray Counties. This monument is basicly on the county line between the two. We've listed it in Garvin County since that is where the National Register of Historic Places lists it.
* Description and some Images from National Register Properties in Oklahoma
National Register of Historic Places
Initial Point ** (added 1970 - Object - #70000533)
About 7.5 mi. W of Davis on Garvin, Davis
- Historic Significance: Event
- Area of Significance: Engineering
- Period of Significance: 1850-1874, 1875-1899
- Owner: Private
- Historic Function: Landscape, Recreation And Culture
- Historic Sub-function: Monument/Marker, Natural Feature
- Current Function: Landscape, Recreation And Culture
- Current Sub-function: Monument/Marker, Natural Feature
Image Credit: The Oklahoma Society of Land Surveyors.
Image Credit: National Register Properties in Oklahoma
Image Credit: OKGenWeb.org