Ardmore

The Ardmore post office was named for Ardmore, PA, and established on October 27, 1887, on the Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe Railroad, built north from Texas. Ardmore was the home of Lee Cruce, second governor of Oklahoma from 1911-1915. Hargrove College was opened by the Methodist Church in 1895 and became Carter Seminary in 1917 for Chickasaw Indian girls. It was named for Charles D. Carter, M.C.. **
Located on U.S. Highway 77, north of Ardmore, Oklahoma
No GPS Location Mapped
Exploring Oklahoma History
** Information from the Oklahoma Historical Society