Craig County Courthouse


Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

Designed by the noted frim of Layton, Smith, & Forsyth, the Craig County Courthouse was completed in 1920. Utilizing a classical vocabulary, this red brick building is the seat of government for Craig County. The most prominent feature of the courthouse is the limestone detailing at the cornice, entry, and in antis, ionic collonade. Listed in National Register 8/23/84.*


Directions:

214 W. Canadian Ave., Vinita, Oklahoma


36.63743, -95.15806
OpenStreetMap | Google Maps | Bing Maps

Pictures:

Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

   

 

National Register of Historic Places:
Craig County Courthouse (added 1984 - Building - #84002994)
214 W. Canadian Ave., Vinita
  • Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering, Event
  • Architect, builder, or engineer: Unknown
  • Architectural Style: No Style Listed
  • Area of Significance: Politics/Government, Architecture
  • Period of Significance: 1900-1924
  • Owner: Local Gov't
  • Historic Function: Government
  • Historic Sub-function: Courthouse
  • Current Function: Government
  • Current Sub-function: Courthouse
* Description and GPS from Oklahoma National Register Properties.

Other places listed in Craig County