New Cordell Courthouse Square Historical District

Cordell Historical District The structures, built of brick with a typical clipped front of a corner building of the period, was one of the first brick buildings built in Cordell.
Around the Courthouse Square
Cordell, OK
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History
National Register Of Historic Places:

New Cordell Courthouse Square Historic District (added 1999 - District - #98001592)
Roughly bounded by Temple, E. Second, Glenn English, and E. Clay Sts., New Cordell

Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
Architect, builder, or engineer: Layton, Solomon Andrew
Architectural Style: Classical Revival, Early Commercial
Area of Significance: Community Planning And Development, Architecture, Commerce
Period of Significance: 1875-1899, 1900-1924, 1925-1949
Owner: Private , Local Gov't , Federal
Historic Function: Commerce/Trade, Education, Government, Health Care, Recreation And Culture
Historic Sub-function: Business, City Hall, Courthouse, Financial Institution, Fire Station, Library, Specialty Store
Current Function: Commerce/Trade, Government
Current Sub-function: Business, City Hall, Courthouse, Financial Institution, Fire Station, Specialty Store

More Pictures:

Washita County Courthouse, Cordell, OK Cordell, OK  - Downtown