Kiowa County Courthouse


Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

The oldest operating courthouse in Oklahoma. A beautiful courthouse square that has bronze statues of military soldiers, a monument water fountain built by the Women's Temperance Union in the 1900's, and a monument of Augustus Hobart, who the town of Hobart is named after.* Kiowa County Courthouse was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.


Directions:

4th & Main, Hobart, Oklahoma


35.02499, -99.0932
OpenStreetMap | Google Maps | Bing Maps

Pictures:

Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)
Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

     

 

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Kiowa County Courthouse (added 1984 - Building - #84003094)
Courthouse Sq., Hobart
  • Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
  • Architect, builder, or engineer: Stokes,J.W.
  • Architectural Style: Second Empire
  • Area of Significance: Architecture, Politics/Government
  • Period of Significance: 1900-1924
  • Owner: Local Gov't
  • Historic Function: Government
  • Historic Sub-function: Courthouse
  • Current Function: Government
  • Current Sub-function: Courthouse
More Pictures:
IMG_3939 IMG_3938 IMG_3941 IMG_3953 IMG_3952 IMG_3958

IMG_3962 IMG_3963 IMG_3954 IMG_3955 IMG_3956 IMG_3957 IMG_3959

IMG_3943 IMG_3944 IMG_3945 IMG_3946 IMG_3947 IMG_3948 IMG_3949 IMG_3950 IMG_3951
Links: * Description from TravelOK.com

Other places listed in Kiowa County