Adair County Courthouse


Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

This classically-inspired art deco building was constructed in 1930 and designed by J.J. Harrelson. The low-relief ornamentation includes sunbursts and scrolls combined with indians in full headdress. Listed in national register 8/23/84.*


Directions:

220 W. Division Street,, Stilwell, Oklahoma


35.81429, -94.62888
OpenStreetMap | Google Maps | Bing Maps

Pictures:

Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

       

 

National Register of Historic Places Adair County Courthouse (added 1984 - Building - #84002927)
Division St., Stilwell
  • Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering, Event
  • Architect, builder, or engineer: Harlson,J.J., Reddick,J.H.
  • Architectural Style: No Style Listed
  • Area of Significance: Architecture, Politics/Government
  • Period of Significance: 1925-1949
  • Owner: Local Gov't
  • Historic Function: Government
  • Historic Sub-function: Courthouse
  • Current Function: Government
  • Current Sub-function: Courthouse
Links: * GPS coordinates from other source. Directions from National Register of Historic Places

Other places listed in Adair County