Logan County Courthouse


Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

Logan County Courthouse listed on the National Register of Historic Places on 1984.


Directions:

301 E. Harrison St.
Guthrie, Oklahoma


35.87687, -97.42273
OpenStreetMap | Google Maps | Bing Maps

Pictures:

Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

       

 

National Register of Historic Places
Logan County Courthouse (added 1984 - Building - #84003141)
Also known as See Also:Guthrie Historic District
301 E. Harrison St., Guthrie
  • Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering Architect, builder, or engineer: Weathers,P.H., Manhattan Construction Co.
  • Architectural Style: Classical Revival
  • Area of Significance: Architecture
  • Period of Significance: 1900-1924
  • Owner: Local Gov't
  • Historic Function: Government
  • Historic Sub-function: Courthouse
  • Current Function: Government
  • Current Sub-function: Courthouse


More Pictures:

Logan County Courthouse Logan County Courthouse First State Capitol Building and Sign - Guthrie, Ok

State Seal Stolen - First State Capitol - Guthrie, OK

State Seal Stolen

This building was the State Capitol when the State Seal was stolen from here and taken to Okla City on the night of June 11, 1910. Thus moving the site of the State Capital. The first university of Oklahoma was located here in 1892, it operated as such for two years.

Erected by Fogarty Jr. High
Oklahoma History Class 1954-55

Other places listed in Logan County