Camp Arbuckle was established in May 1850 by Captain R. B. Marcy and Company D, 5th Infantry, the site was visited in 1849 by Marcy while escorting gold seekers to California. The post was moved in 1851 to a permanent site in Garvin County. Buildings then were occupied by Delawares under Black Beaver, famous chief and guide. An Indian town, known as Beaversville, existed there until Civil War days.
On SH 59, one mile west of Byars, Oklahoma *
No GPS Location Mapped