Murray - Lindsay Mansion

Murray-Lindsay Mansion
Built 1879/81

The first home in Erin Springs was built in 1871 by Frank Murray, an Irish immigrant from Londonderry. Murray eventually became a large land owner and rancher. He had 20,000 acres of land and 26,000 head of cattle. In 1879-1880 Murray began construction of a large stone house which is still standing and preserved by the Oklahoma Historical Society
Lindsay, Ok: Junction of Hy 19/76 go south to Erin Springs watch of signs turn to the right follow the street around pass the Cemetery for .5 miles house is on the west side of stree.
Exploring Oklahoma History
More Pictures:

Murray-Lindsay Mansion

Funds for the restoration of this porperty were provided in part by the Diamond Jubilee Commission of Oklahoma. 1982

Murray-Lindsay Mansion

National Register of Historic Places:

Erin Springs Mansion ** (added 1970 - Building - #70000534)
Also known as The Frank Murray House in Erin Springs
S of Washita River, Erin Springs
Historic Significance: Person
Historic Person: Murray,Frank Significant Year: 1880
Area of Significance: Social History
Period of Significance: 1875-1899
Owner: Local Gov't
Historic Function: Domestic
Historic Sub-function: Single Dwelling
Current Function: Domestic
Current Sub-function: Single Dwelling

Murray-Lindsay Mansion

Links:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~okgarvin/erinspringstown.html http://www.planetware.com/lindsay/murray-lindsay-mansion-us-ok-121.htm