101 Ranch

101 Ranch

Old boundary line here Named for its cattle brand '101' this ranch was begun by Col. Geo. W. Miller on his claim at opening of Cherokee Strip, Sept. 16, 1893. Operated by sons, George, Joe, and Zach Miller, the ranch covered 100,000 a. by 1926, world famous for its "White House," Wild West Show, oil wells, livestock. farm crops and manufactured product
12 miles SW of Ponca City, OK on Highway 156
Exploring Oklahoma History
Exploring Oklahoma History
Links: More Pictures:

101 Ranch Tower White Eagle Monument Hill 101 Ranch 101 Ranch

National Register of Historic Places:

One-hundred-and-one Ranch *** (added 1973 - District - #73001560)
Also known as One-hundred-and-one Ranch Historic District
12 mi. SW of Ponca City on OK 156, Ponca City

Historic Significance: Person, Event
Historic Person: Pickett,Bill
Significant Year: 1892
Area of Significance: Agriculture, Performing Arts, Black, Commerce
Period of Significance: 1875-1899, 1900-1924
Owner: Private
Historic Function: Agriculture/Subsistence, Domestic, Recreation And Culture
Historic Sub-function: Agricultural Outbuildings, Outdoor Recreation, Single Dwelling
Current Function: Agriculture/Subsistence, Domestic
Current Sub-function: Agricultural Outbuildings, Single Dwelling