Washington Irving Monument

This monument was erected and donated to the public by Mr. and Mrs. Gabriel Norman Wright to commemorate the visit of the great author to this locality on October 14, 1832, in company with a party of U. S. Rangers from Cantonment Gibson. They camped that night about thirteen miles west of this point, near the present town of Wekiwa.
West Easton Avenue and North Vancouver Street, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Exploring Oklahoma History

* Information from Tulsa Preservation Commission