Springs in this area were first used by wildlife, Indians, and cattlemen. In 1902, Sulphur Spring Reservation was founded renamed Platt Nat'l Park in 1906 and became part of Chickasaw Nat'l Rec. Area in 1976. The town was moved twice to its present site in the 1920's and 30's. Sulphur was famous for its mineral waters.
On south side of road on W. Broadway Ave between W. Muskogee Ave and W 5th St. in Sulphur, Oklahoma.