Creek Indian "Chief" Sapulpa had a ranch, blacksmith shop and store here by 1850. Serving in Confed. Army, he was discharged a Lieut., and is buried N. of his old homestead in cemetery owned by Nancy Green Chap, NSDAR, 2 blks. S. Local R R station named in his honor.
1006 E. Taft Ave, Sapulpa, Oklahoma. (Chief Sapulpa Cemetery: 1000 S. Division St. Sapulpa, Oklahoma.)
Chief Sapulpa Cemetery: 1000 S. Division St. Sapulpa, Oklahoma. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/TKXwa5dkUdk
* Photos provided by Dennis McGill