Riverside School Begun by U.S. Quaker Agents 1871 This school opened at the Indian agency on Sugar Creek with 8 pupils. A new building was erected as a boarding school in 1872 for Wichita and Caddo children. Fire in 1878 destoryed the school. It soon reopened in a new building here on the Washita and continues as the oldest boarding school in the United States Indian Service. Oklahoma Historical Society and Oklahoma Highway Commission 1974
Location: From Anadarko, Ok , Ok 62/9 turn right onto Ok 281/8 , 2 miles. Sign on right side of Road, School is on the left side of road.