Early Methodist Circuit. This was an area on both sides of Red River where, in 1818, Rev. Wm. Stevenson, Methodist preacher, held the first Protestant church services in what is now Oklahoma. The region north of Red River was Choctaw country from 1820 to 1907. About 2 mi. northwest of here Harris Ferry was well known for many years.
Just north of the Red River, south of Harris, McCurtain County.* State Highway 87/U.S. 259 near the Red River.
No GPS Location Mapped
* Description and Directions from Mark of Heritage by Muriel H. Wright and Oklahoma Historical Society. Image from Oklahoma Historical Society.