Holloway's Station


Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

Holloway's Station was a stage stand on the old Butterfield Overland Mail route in Indian Territory. It was located near "The Narrows" at upper Brazil Creek in what is now Latimer County, Oklahoma. The station was named for William Holloway, the stage agent. In 1858, the Choctaw Council granted Holloway the right to construct a turnpike and tollbooth at "The Narrows". Holloway's Station was added to the National Register of Historic Places (#72001070) in 1972.**


Directions:

Hwy-270 & Hwy-82 North 1-3/4 mi, Morris Rd north 1/4 mi / Located 3 miles northeast of Red Oak, Oklahoma

Google Map
No Map Location Given
Google Maps | OpenStreetMap | Mapquest | Bing Maps

Pictures:

Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

 

 

** Info from Wikipedia

Links:

Other places listed in Latimer County