Goodwater Choctaw Mission

Site about 6 miles south. Mission was opened in 1837, by Rev. Ebenezer Hotchkins, under auspices of Foreign Missions, Kunsha Sem. for girls was located there, 1842, by the Choctaw Council, through influence of Israel Folsom, noted Choctaw.*
On U.S Highway 70, one mile west of Kiamichi River bridge*
No GPS Location Mapped
Exploring Oklahoma History
* Marker description and directions from Mark of Heritage, by Muriel H. Wright