Fort Dodge-Camp Supply Trail
The 7th Cavalry first used this military trail in November of 1868, carrying 1,000 men and 400 wagons to set up Camp Supply, Indian Territory. The army later built a telegraph line along the route from Fort Dodge to Camp Supply and other forts. With the coming of the railroads, usage of the trail diminished.
Located on US-183 in Buffalo, Oklahoma
Chronicles of Oklahoma: HARPER COUNTY
"... The Fort Dodge to Camp Supply Military Trail, first followed in 1868 by the U.S. Army's Seventh Cavalry, was used to move men and supplies to establish Camp Supply. The Western Trail (also known as the Dodge City Trail) was first used between South Texas and Fort Robinson, Nebraska, in 1874. ..."