A school for Seminole Indian girls was established in 1894 near here northeast and operated by the Seminole Nation. Reverend W.P. Blake was the first superintendent. Mrs. Alice Brown Davis, who later became first female chief of the Seminole, was the superintendent in 1908 at Emahaka Mission. The school was abandoned in 1914, in a closing of Seminole government properties.
Five miles south of Wewoka, Oklahoma at intersection of US-270 and State-56*
No GPS Location Mapped