ColonyOne of the oldest towns in Western Oklahoma founded in 1886 by John Seger and the Cheyenne-Arapaho on the banks of Cobb Creek. Seger Indian Industrial School operated here from 1892 until 1932.Local tradition holds this was a starting point for the Land run of 1892.Dutch Reformed Misson opened here in 1895. Post Office established Jan. 8, 1896. Buildings in this block built in 1920"s by Fred Kauger and restored by Oklahoma Supreme Court Justice Yvonne Kauger.Long before the 20th Century, Native Americans occupied the surrounding land c. 904-1400 A.D. George Bent lived in the area and is buried nearby.Pow.Wows held here since late 1930's by Cheyenne-Arapaho TribesOklahoma Historical Society229-1997
Located From Cordell, Ok. east on OK 152 15 miles to Ok 54 left 4 miles, right 3 miles on OK 54 B, marker is located on the right side, on the corner of Seger and Arapaho.Colony, Oklahoma , Washita County.Colony is a town located in (Click link for more info and facts about Washita County, Oklahoma) Washita County, Oklahoma. As of the 2000 census, the town had a total population of 147
Store is in Colony with Fred Kauger 1904 Two more store located on this block.