Oklahoma Historic Places Database


100th Meridian Oklahoma/Texas State Line

The 100th meridian first marked the boundary between the Republic of Texas and the vast Louisiana Purchase establishing this boundary was one of the most far reaching events in which the nation engaged. In 1927 the U.S. Supreme Court ...

Harmon County Courthouse

Harmon County Courthouse Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.

La Casa School

La Casa was located five miles south of this marker. It was formed by consolidating three schools: Mesquite, Star Valley and Bearden. Classes began in a new building after Christmas 1925, with the first graduate in 1928. La Casa ...

Old Greer County

S. and W. of North Fork of Red R. Greer Co. was named and governed as part of Texas from 1806 until 1896 when U.S. Supreme Crt. decision made it part of Oklahoma Ter. This county area was claimed by 14 different governments fr ...

Ron School

Ron School was located 3 miles east and 1/2 mile south of this marker. The school was formed in the spring of 1939 by a special election to consolidate schools of Dryden, McKnight, Metcalf, and Tearcross. The first senior class was 19 ...

Harmon County

Harmon County, Oklahoma

County Seat: Hollis, OK 73550

Wikipedia: Harmon County, Oklahoma

National Register of Historic Places for Harmon County, Oklahoma

Following an election on May 22, 1909, Harmon County was created by proclamation of Governor Lee Cruce on June 2. Carved from adjacent Greer County, the new county was named in honor of Judson Harmon, who was Governor of Ohio at the time.