County Seat: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102
Oklahoma County is one of seven counties in the United States to share the same name as a state it is located in.
Oklahoma County was originally called County Two and was one of seven counties established by the Organic Act of 1890.
County business initially took place in a building at the intersection of California Avenue and Robinson Street until the construction of the first Oklahoma County Courthouse at 520 West Main Street in the 1900s. In 1937, the county government was moved to a building at 321 Park Avenue, which now serves only as the county courthouse.