Pittsburg County, Oklahoma
Pittsburg County was formed on July 16, 1907 as an original county from Choctaw land. It was named after Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with the "h" removed, the city of origin of one of the first settlers.
- Established: 1907 
- County Seat: McAlester, Oklahoma 74501
- Area: 1,306 mi2 (3,383 km2)
- Population: 43,773 
- Region: Choctaw Country
- Weather: NWS Tulsa
- Info: Wikipedia
- History: Oklahoma Historical Society
- County information from Wikipedia.
- Population from U.S. Census Bureau, 2020.