Tacola / Cloud Chief School
Created in 1892, Tacola school met in a dugout until 1894 when a 30' x 50' bldg. was built 1/2 mi. SW of this marker. In 1918, the school was moved to a new bldg. north of this marker. During the 1921 consolidation of school districts, the name changed to Cloud Chief. The high school moved to Cordell in 1958 and the school closed in 1960
Town of Cloud Chief is on OK 54, 8 miles south of the Intersection of OK 152 and OK 54. Go East 1.4 miles marker on North side of road. Cloud Chief, OK, Washita, Co.Marker has two sides, East side is Tacola/Cloud Chief School, West side is Cloud Chief Courthouse.
Marker has two sides, East side is Tacola/Cloud Chief School, West side is Cloud Chief Courthouse.