Franklin No. 1


Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

In 1913, Wirt Franklin brought this well in, marking the beginning of the great Healdton Field discovery. The well produced 100 barrels a day at 1,076 feet. **


Directions:

OK-76 and 4th Street in Healdton, Oklahoma


34.232893, -97.487933
OpenStreetMap | Google Maps | Bing Maps

Pictures:

Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

 

 

** Information provided by the Oklahoma Historical Society.

Other places listed in Carter County