Whirlwind Mission & Cemetery
Whirlwind Mission at this location A day school opened here in 1897 for Cheyenne children was named for the friendly Chief Whirlwind. In 1904 to 1917, it was a well known mission school under the auspices of the Protestant Episcopal Church. Oklahoma Historical Society, 1960 // In Memory of the People of Whirlwind Episcopal Church and the Rev'd David Pendleton Oakhater, Deacon
from Watonga, 9 1/2 miles west at the 'Y' go SW toward Fay, 1st mile line, go south 6 1/2 miles.