First Methodist-Episcopal Church, South

An excellent example of the classical revival style, the First Methodist Episcopal Church, south of Vinita resembles its secular neighbor - the Craig County Courthouse. Both the church and courthouse are dominated by in antis limestone columns on the main facade. The limestone constrasts wit hthe red brick of the walls. Completed in 1922, the church was designed by the Tulsa firm of Butler & Sanders. Listed in National Register 6/3/99.*
314 W. Candian Ave., Vinita, Oklahoma
Exploring Oklahoma History
National Register of Historic Places:
First Methodist-Episcopal Church, South (added 1999 - Building - #99000673)
314 W. Candian Ave., Vinita
  • Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering
  • Architectural Style: Classical Revival
  • Area of Significance: Architecture
  • Period of Significance: 1900-1924
  • Owner: Private
  • Historic Function: Religion
  • Historic Sub-function: Religious Structure
  • Current Function: Religion
  • Current Sub-function: Religious Structure
* Description and GPS from Oklahoma National Register Properties.