Cherokee National Cemetery

Before the Civil War, the Cherokees designated the cemetery as a national cemetery. The Cherokee Nation maintained the cemetery until 1906 when it was transferred to the town of Fort Gibson. Cherokee Principal Chief William P. Ross and other tribal leaders are buried here. **
Located on East Poplar Street in Fort Gibson
No GPS Location Mapped
Exploring Oklahoma History

** Information and directions from the Oklahoma Historical Society