Roxana Ranch - Orignal Town site of Roxana


Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

Roxana Ranch
Founded 1992

Original Town Site
of
Roxana

Roxana Oil Co. hit McCully well 29 June 19271st well in Oklahoma drilled over a mile deep.Town platted 16 July 1927 by George L. Ross.Application to vacate the town site 17 March 1939, except property owned by John J. Traynor who ran Roxana service station.

Outlaw Dick Yeager one of Oklahoma's most notorious bandits was shot here in 1895.

Erected 1999, Edward Clark and Joyce Ann Newton
Robert Wyman Newton - J. Michael Panter
John. B Traynor


Directions:

Directions to Roxana. From Crescent, OK drive 11 miles north to Hwy 51, turn left and go 2 miles to the intersection of 51 and 74E (to Marshall) but continue on West 2 miles and turn left and go 1 mile South. On Hwy 51 there is a marker about Roxana that will tell you where to turn. The school is across from the old refinery and store. Some signs of refinery by the creek.Ranch Marker is on left side of road. School building no longer there - 2007.


36.101562, -97.65328
OpenStreetMap | Google Maps | Bing Maps

Pictures:

Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)
Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

       

 

Link:

Story of Outlaw Dick Yeager
Nathaniel Ellsworth Wyatt, alias Zip Watt, alias Dick Yeager, alias Wild Charlie. Was a member at one time of the Dalton-Doolin gang and later formed the Wyatt-Black gang.

http://bjsbytes.com/garfield/outlaws.htm
http://www.blogoklahoma.us/Marker.asp?id=266

Other places listed in Logan County