First U.S. Indian agency in Western Oklahoma, opened on 1859 for the Wachita and other exiled tribes.
Treaties for Confederate States made this agency, 1861.
Agency burned in attack by Northern Indians, 1862
Re-established at Anadarko after the Civil War.
Location of Marker: on U.S. Highway 62 about 8 miles southwest of Anadarko, at junction with county road leading north to Washita, Caddo County.