St. John's school for Osage indian boys 1888-1913 8 mi n. Est. October 1888 along Hominy Creek by St. Katharine Drexel and the bureau of catholic indian missions, after repeated requests by Osage tribe for a catholic school. Original log compound replaced by four-story stone building in 1893. Operated by franciscan sisters (1888-1907) and christian brothers (1907-1913). Sponsored by the Osage Tribal Council, Oklahoma Historical Society 240-2000
It's on Hwy 20 approximately half way between Ralston and Hominy in Osage County, Oklahoma.
* Thanks to Wayne Groom for sharing this marker.