Riley's Chapel

In 1843, Reverend Thomas Bertholf built Riley's Chapel on a hill south of the Cherokee capital. The first annual Indian Mission Conference of the Methodist Church was held at the chapel on October 23, 1844. The building was razed in 1868. **
Located 1/2 mile east of junction of US-62 and OK-82 on south edge of Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Exploring Oklahoma History

** Information from Oklahoma Historical Society