Pine Ridge Mission


Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

The Presbyterian minister Reverend Cyrus Kingsbury established the Pine Ridge Mission in 1836. The Choctaw Council established a school for girls, Chuahla Female Seminary, at the mission in 1842, which Kingsbury supervised. The school was closed during the Civil War.


Directions:

On east side of Red Road 1/2 mile north of Doaksville/Fort Towson Cemetery

Google Map
34.035388, -95.273903
Google Maps | OpenStreetMap | Mapquest | Bing Maps

Pictures:

Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

 

 

* Directions from Oklahoma Historical Society

Other places listed in Choctaw County