Hardesty


Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

Old Hardesty
1886 - 1906

Old Hardesty was a typical trade center and the mecca of early cowboys in "No Man's Land", the town located about 3 miles northeast of this marker was named for Col. Jack Hardesty, a prominent rancher in the area. Old Hardesty flourished when trail herds crossed, the area but died when the Rock Island Rail Road bypassed it. The cemetery is located on Prairie Dog Point Road.

Beaver River Genealogical and Historical Society
Oklahoma Historical Society


Directions:

West side of town in a small park on US 412, Hardesty, Oklahoma


36.616832, -101.196742
OpenStreetMap | Google Maps | Bing Maps

Pictures:

Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)
Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

   

 

More Pictures:
Old Hardesty Old Hardesty Old Hardesty - Park Dedication Old Hardesty - Park Dedication Old Hardesty

Other places listed in Texas County