Fort Davis


Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

Brigadier General Albert Pike established this frontier post in November of 1861 to house Confederate forces. It was named for Confederate President Jefferson Davis who had served in present-day Oklahoma in his army career. Union forces completely destroyed the heavily fortified post two days after Christmas in 1862. **


Directions:

Located on OK-16, 1 mile north of Bacone College **

Google Map
No Map Location Given
Google Maps | OpenStreetMap | Mapquest | Bing Maps

Pictures:

Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

 

 

** Information and directions from the Oklahoma Historical Society

Other places listed in Muskogee County