The post office was established September 13, 1901, and discontinued December 31, 1942. The Ingersoll Tile Elevator is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Named for Ambrose Lambert who owned the original townsite, Lambert is contiguous to Yewed to its east. Lambert was a US Post Office from 1901 until 1952.
Post office: Dec. 24, 1898 - April 30, 1952 Shortly after the victory of Admiral Dewey at Manilla Bay in 1898, an application for a rural post office was originally made it was under the name Dewey. Because there was already a Dewey, the name was reversed to Yedew. Probably no more than 50 people ever lived in the town at one time. Most of the activities revolved around the grain elevator and mill. A few small stores and churches have existed, but no school was ever built.
Ghost Towns For Alfalfa County